Immersion Program for Families
In addition to our immersion program for ages 10- adult in Vichy, France, we also offer other educational travel opportunities to families with children 4 to 9 years old!
- note- if you have children who are older than 9- check out our Immersion and Global Citizenship Program for ages 10 to adult!
- Families with children older than 9 can participate in the family program if at least one other member of the family is between the age of 4 and 9. Otherwise, families with all children older than 9 are welcome to participate in the Global Citizenship Program.
Introduction to Worldschooling is an educational trip designed for families with children ages 4 to 9 by our sister school, CAVILAM Vichy. Families are placed with host families, so you spend your week living in a real French home. Children and adults are given French courses in the mornings and then different activities and excursions are organized in the afternoons as a family, with evenings free to explore or spend time with your host families.
Summer 2019 dates-
June 22-July 1
August 03- August 12
– Registration is now open for 2019!
Sample Activities include:
- Historic visit of Vichy in a little train
- Visit to the village of Charroux
- Visit to la Chaine de Puys- the newly named UNESCO site – France’s unique green volcanic domes!
- Bread making workshop
- Visit to a local learning farm
- horseback riding
- Visit to the local “Stade Aquatique” or aquatic center.
- Ropes course and ziplines
- Visit to the museum of Francophone art from Africa.
- $5000 per person before 12/15/18
- $5500 per person after 12/15/18
Registration will close on 3/31/18 or when trip is full, whichever comes first.
There is limited space and we cap this experience at 16 participants per year.
Program prices include:
- Round Trip Airfare
- Train from Paris to Vichy round trip
- Accommodations in Vichy in a host family for your entire family
- Breakfast and dinner daily with the host family, plus daily lunch in a local restaurant
- Morning intensive French courses designed for participants ages 4 to 9 and adults
- Afternoon activities and excursions around the Auvergne region as a family guided by a Cavilam staff member
- 2 Days in Paris with family friendly activities and excursions highlighting Paris.
- Accommodation in a family friendly budget hotel (3 stars)
- One year of French with Bon Voyage French School following your experience for each member of your family who participates
- Custom guide and activity book for each family
- Last night in Paris Dinner Celebration at Refuge des Fondues
- other Paris meals are not included- families are encouraged to apply the French they learned at Cavilam by eating together in cafés and restaurants of their choice. Bon Voyage guides will be with you to help you choose!
Families are welcome to participate in any Bon Voyage fundraisers or organize their own fundraisers through Bon Voyage using our non profit tax ID. We have had several families fundraise large portions of their trips!
- YES! You CAN use your children’s Charter School funds for their portion of the trip! Ask us how!
Payment Schedule, Cancelations, and Refund Policy
Registration fee per person/group is non-refundable and required in order to secure your registration on this trip.
There are 16 spots available. Registration will remain open until all spots are filled. When all 16 spots are filled, we will start a waiting list.
The registration fee is not refundable for any reason. All payments that have already been paid are not refundable for any reason.
We must have a minimum of 5 participants in order to travel. If we do not have 5 participants by the registration deadline, all money you have paid will be refunded to you. This is the only circumstance in which you will receive a refund.
ALL participants, including children, MUST obtain a passport in order to travel to France. Passport fees and costs are at your expense and are NOT included in the cost of the trip. Passports MUST be obtained at least 3 months prior to travel and valid at least 6 months after date of return according to the U.S. Department of State. Failure to comply with these regulations could result in the airline refusing your boarding.