Immersion and Global Citizenship Program for Ages 12 to Adult
CAVILAM has partnered with Bon Voyage World Languages Academy to offer an 18 day immersion and global citizenship program.
CAVILAM has designed a program specifically for Bon Voyage students. CAVILAM is located in Vichy, France and is one of the leading French language programs in the world. CAVILAM is partnered with the Alliance Française to offer a unique immersion experience with intensive French classes for children to young adults
This unique program is open for children age 12 through adult.
2019 Program Registration IS NOW FULL! We may open spots for those on the waiting list so if you are interested in traveling in 2019, please be sure to get your name on the waiting list!
Trip Dates: August 3-19, 2019
We accept Charter School Funds for this program! Ask us how!
Global Citizenship Course Details:
Global Citizenship and Multicultural Leadership
This program is open to students ages 12 through adult !
The Global Citizenshp and Multicultural Leadership class is included in our Immersion Travel program, but you can also register for and take this class without registering for the travel program.
We use the curriculum from UNESCO and SOAR as well as EdChange.
This course is REQUIRED for all students traveling to our Immersion Program in Vichy, France and students who register for the Immersion program will automatically be enrolled in this class.
Students who register for this course and wish to register for the travel portion later will have the $500 registration fee waived from the Immersion program. Once your enrollment has been received you will receive a coupon code that you can use to register for the Immersion program at a later date should you decide!
This class is a self study class focusing on Global Citizenship and Multicultural leadership. This class shows students the importance of understanding how we are tied together as citizens of the global community and how our challenges are interconnected.
Students will be presented with different challenges to carry out in the community, projects, and engage in thoughtful discussions.
Students have the possibility of receiving one full year of Social Studies or Social Sciences credit for high school by completing this course. This course is open to students ages 10 to adult.
Curriculum focuses on the following competencies from UNESCO:
To acquire knowledge, understanding and critical thinking about global, regional, national and local issues and the interconnectedness and interdependency of different countries and populations.
To have a sense of belonging to a common humanity, sharing values and responsibilities, empathy, solidarity and respect for differences and diversity.
To act effectively and responsibly at local, national and global levels for a more peaceful and sustainable world.
Donate to Bon Voyage
Program prices include:
- Round trip Airfare to Paris
- Two week stay with a host family
- Two weeks of intensive French immersion courses (students are placed based on ability and experience)
- All meals, including lunch in Cavilam’s school restaurant each day, plus meals in Paris and Lyon
- Organized and guided cultural activities in the afternoons (see list to the right of examples)
- Two days in Paris with Bon Voyage leaders
- One year of continuing French study through Bon Voyage French School
Program tuition: $5000 per student for early bird registration and $5300 per student after early bird.
Fundraising opportunities are available to all students. Limited scholarships are also available.
Examples of organized cultural activities that are included:
- Saturday – Leave US
- Sunday – Arrive in Vichy
- Monday – Historical Vichy Visit
- Tuesday – Introduction to Pétanque in the afternoon
- Wednesday – Excursion to Clermont-Ferrand
- Thursday – Regional food tasting
- Friday – Sports in the afternoon and dance in the evening
- Saturday – Historical visit to Bourges
- Sunday – free time to spend with host family
- Monday – Touristic visit of Vichy
- Tuesday – Sports
- Wednesday – La Chaine du Puys, ancient Roman dome surrounded by volcanoes.
- Thursday – French cooking class
- Friday – Evening Dance
- Saturday – Leave Vichy
- Saturday and Sunday – visit Paris with BVFS chaperones
- Monday – Return to the US
2017 Bon Voyage Immersion Trip Photos
Payment Schedule, Cancelations, and Refund Policy
- The registration fee assessed per person is non-refundable. It is required in order to secure registration on this trip. The Registration Fee is $500 for early bird and $800 after early bird.
- Early Bird Registration is due no later than December 5, 2018.
- This educational travel experience is limited to a small number of participants and is capped at 15. Registration will remain open until April 15th or until the spots are filled, whichever comes first.
- The registration fee and all payments are not refundable for any reason. No replacements or roster changes will be made after April 15th.
- There are NO REFUNDS.
- Fundraising opportunities are available to all students. It is up to the individual student to secure funding. It is not the responsibility of Bon Voyage World Languages Academy to ensure that students participate in fund raising. Students may also raise funds on their own through activities of their own design.